Did you know that all University of Mississippi faculty, staff, and students have access to over 2 million books and journal articles? You don’t have to be inside the J.D. Williams Library on the Oxford campus to use research materials at Ole Miss. The system we use to send books and articles to you for FREE is called Interlibrary Loan.
You can ask us to bring you a book from our own stacks or any other library’s stacks from another university. To request a book, go to libraries.olemiss.edu and click on Interlibrary Loan.
· You will need to enter your Ole Miss WebID and password to log into ILLiad.
· Once in your ILLiad account, choose the option “Request a Loan” and fill out the form to request your book.
· Please include the ISSN (available in most databases) whenever possible.
· Do not ask us to find a textbook being used in one of your classes. Sorry, but these requests will not be processed.
· If we do not have a copy of the book in Oxford, we will get the book from the closest institution that owns it and send it to your campus on the Office of Outreach daily shuttle service. Books from our campus can be delivered as soon as 48 hours; books mailed from another university may take up to 10 days.
· You will receive an email notifying you when to pick up your book at your regional campus office.
Loans from the UM Library Collections may be renewed unless recalled by another borrower. You may renew your books online through “My Library Account.”
Loans received from other institutions may be renewed once unless marked “No Renewal.”
Always request a renewal BEFORE the due date of your book through your ILLiad account.
You are responsible for returning books by the due date either through the Office of Outreach shuttle service or by mailing directly to our office.
When you are searching our online databases and find an article that does not have a link to the “full text,” you can ask us to find the entire article and send it to you electronically.
To request an article, use the “Find It” button and click on Interlibrary Loan. You will need to enter your Ole Miss WebID and password to log into ILLiad.
Once in your ILLiad account, the system should automatically fill in the form for the article you were requesting. You just need to click “send” at the bottom of the page.
You may also fill out a form requesting an article manually by clicking on “Request an Article” in ILLiad.
You will receive an email when your article is available in Illiad. This usually takes 48 hours.
All materials from the main library at the Oxford campus are available to you at the regional campuses. Books and DVDs can be requested through Interlibrary Loan and delivered on the shuttle to the University administration offices on your campus.
Start your research early! Give yourself time to request books and materials from ILL so that you have the best resources for your papers and projects.
Look for ebooks! In some subject areas, ebooks are plentiful. You can read the books from your computer.
Ask for help! Librarians love questions and we want you to write a great paper. Just let us know when you're confused or need help.
Save money! Interlibrary loan requests are free, so request articles early and often.
Use Purdue University's Online Writing Lab to find samples of MLA and APA papers and how to properly cite everything in your papers!